Quest for Utopia
The gnomes of Xayrax are different from those on other worlds. Instead of focusing on magic and illusions in particular, they focused on military prowess. As such, the gnomes of Xayrax have the following racial traits.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom
- Type: Gnomes have the humanoid type with the gnome subtype.
- Size: Gnomes are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on their attack rolls, a -1 pentalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common and Gnome. Gnomes with a high Intelligence score can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Defensive Training: Gnomes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Military Training: Gnomes gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls when attacking the same target as an ally, but only after their ally has attacked.
- Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
- Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these foes.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word “gnome” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Low-light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Weapon Training: Gnomes deal weapon damage as if they were Medium creatures (they use the Damage (M) column in the weapon tables to determine the damage dealt) due to their militaristic background.